Thank you to our fundraisers of 2017!
18 December 2017
Sincere thanks to our wonderful fundraisers who have supported the Anne Rowling Regenerative Neurology Clinic at the University of Edinburgh. Their support is truly inspiring and together, in 2017, they raised £40,000!
All their hard work helps us stay at the forefront of research and help ensure the best care and treatments possible. Thanks again to all the fundraisers who supported the Anne Rowling Clinic in 2017 – they are simply the best.
- Members of Dorothy Dobson Fitness Class supported the Clinic selling after-class refreshments.
- The Shooglelele Ukulele Band supported the Clinic whilst out and about performing in their local community.
- Giulia and Harry – who work together at the Anne Rowling Regenerative Clinic - participated in the Bake Sale Week 2017.
- Jamie organised a football tournament in Aberdeen.
- Linda launched her online auction site in aid of research into multiple sclerosis at the Clinic.
- Debra trekked 36km of the Great Wall of China.
- Yann ran the full Edinburgh Marathon in memory of his father in law.
- Amanda walked 44miles from Buckie to Tomintoul - the highest village in the Highlands - in just 24 hours.
- Gordon and Strathyre Gun Club organised a target shoot day in aid of the Clinic.
- Ruth – along with her trusty wheelie walker Angus – completed a 500-mile walking challenge.
- Marian supported the Clinic through a screening of 100 Metres at the Edinburgh Spanish Film Festival 2017.
- Harry and Giulia organised another bake sale – this time with a Halloween theme.
- Linda continued her support with the launch of her ChristMS auction at www.facebook.com/MSAuctionsLDC.
- Kirsteen was runner up in Standard Life’s Company Inspiration Awards and nominated the Clinic to receive the prize money.
- Anne Rowling Clinic colleagues - Chris B, Chris L, Dawn, Liz, Lynda, Matt, Pam and Shuna – took part in our Halloween Firewalk. Together they raised £2,700 by walking twenty feet over embers burning at approximately 1,200°F/ 650 °C.
Thank you to everyone who had supported the Anne Rowling Clinic through a funeral collection. Thanks also to everyone who has a collection can for us.
This year, our fantastic fundraisers were recognised at the Institute of Fundraising Scotland, when we won the award for the best use of community fundraising initiative. This is a fantastic achievement and one that we are all very proud of.
For more information, including links to JustGiving pages, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FundraiseYourWay.